If you are planning on having facelift surgery, there are a few ways you can prepare for the procedure to ensure a smooth recovery process. While the pre-operative instructions you receive could be different depending on your unique circumstances, there are a few general tips that you should follow. Here are some of the best ways to prepare for the day of your surgery:
- Prepare a recovery area. During the first week of your recovery, you will need plenty of rest before your swelling, bruising, and pain subsides. To help with healing, setup a recovery space in your home that includes all of your essentials. Don’t forget to have snacks, water, medications, and entertainment within reach.
- Find some comfortable clothing. Since it will take some time for your incisions to heal, try to find some clothing that is easy for you to put on and take off. Avoid any tops that you need to pull over your head. A zip-up hoodie or a buttoned blouse will work.
- Ask someone to drive you home. Immediately following your surgery, you will be too tired to drive home due to anesthesia. Ask a close friend or family member to drive you home after the procedure and help you during the first 1-2 days.
- Quit smoking if applicable. If you smoke, you will need to quit about 6 weeks before your surgery. This is because nicotine can hinder the body’s healing ability and lead to several complications.
- Make meals you can freeze for later. Cooking during the first week of recovery might be a little too difficult. To make the beginning of your recovery easier, cook nutritious, vitamin-rich meals that you can store in the freezer and reheat when needed.
By following these steps, you will not only reduce the risk of complications, but also boost the speed of your recovery.
Setup Your Facelift Consultation Today
If you are interested in a facelift or have questions about your facial rejuvenation options, contact Dr. Charles Chalekson. He will create a custom procedure that meets your aesthetic goals. We are happy to serve patients from our office in Templeton, CA.