A facelift is a tried-and-true method for rejuvenating the appearance of an aging face. We all know that everything begins to sag with age, including the skin and supportive tissues of the face. A facelift is a great match for the sagging and loss of support affecting the lower third of your face. Signs you may be a good candidate for this procedure include:
- You are unhappy with the signs of aging that are showing up on your face
- Skin is sagging beneath your chin and jaw (a.k.a. jowls)
- The skin on your face seems to generally be sagging downward (this shows up as deep folds around your mouth and nose, and the cheeks will seem to have descended)
- You would like to turn back the effect of time and gravity as it relates to your face
- You have realistic expectations and know that a facelift can’t make you look 20 again, but that it can lead to a more refreshed, youthful appearance
You may feel disappointed if you notice your face begin to age despite your efforts to take care of your skin. Moisturizers, sunscreen, eating well, drinking plenty of water, not smoking – all of these things are great for your skin! If you have adopted these habits, then your skin is probably in better shape than it would have been otherwise. Unfortunately, a certain degree of aging simply cannot be prevented. When creams and non-invasive treatments cannot address the level of sagginess that is present, then a facelift may be a great option.
The only way to know for sure if you are a candidate is to arrange a consultation with an experienced facial surgeon like Dr. Charles Chalekson. During a consultation, Dr. Chalekson will first want to listen to your concerns about your face and your goals for what you would like to change. He will perform an examination of your face. After that, he will recommend the treatment options that will meet your expectations. His recommendation may include a facelift, but he may also suggest dermal fillers, a neck lift, or other types of rejuvenation based on the skin and other factors.
We are proud to provide facelift services to people in Templeton, CA. To arrange your consultation with Dr. Chalekson, please contact our team.