People who have lost a significant amount of weight are rightly proud of their accomplishments! However, many still avoid wearing revealing clothing because of the excess, drooping skin left behind. If this sounds like you, then cosmetic surgeries to help remove excess, sagging skin may be an option. One of the most commonly performed body lift procedures is the thigh lift, which removes excess skin and tightens the skin from the thigh area.
What Is A Thigh Lift?
The thigh lift is one of many body lift procedures designed to assist patients in removing excess skin to achieve a firmer, tighter body. This contouring treatment benefits people who have lost substantial weight and are unhappy with the excess skin left behind. This skin is not only unsightly but can also contribute to infections due to the skin folds that remain. With a thigh lift procedure, patients have the ability to tighten and tone the body to allow them to enjoy showing off their new body in more revealing clothing!
Who Is A Good Candidate For The Thigh Lift Procedure?
Thigh lift candidacy factors include:
- Excess, deflated, and drooping skin around the thighs
- Discomfort, irritation, and self-consciousness caused by sagging thighs
- At or near your ideal body weight
- Prepared to learn about all of the benefits and risks associated with surgery
- Interested in a long-term solution to create a more toned thigh contour
- Non-smokers or people who are willing to quit at least for several weeks
- No underlying health conditions that would interfere with your body’s ability to heal
The best candidates for the thigh lift procedure and other body lift surgeries are patients who are in good overall health and have realistic expectations regarding what can be achieved. Dr. Chalekson is here to help you compare all of the options so that you can achieve the body contours you’ve been working so hard for.
Learn More About Thigh Lifts
People in the Templeton, CA, area will want to schedule a consultation with Dr. Charles Chalekson to speak to him about their desires and determine if the thigh lift procedure will offer them the results they want. Many patients struggling with excess skin after extreme weight loss will be considered for this and other body lift procedures. To arrange your consultation with Dr. Chalekson, please call our team at 805-434-2828.