There are many reasons women seek breast augmentation and each of those reasons is unique to the individual. Dr. Charles Chalekson is here to help you decide if this breast surgery is right for your goals.
Whether you’ve always wanted larger breasts or the desire is a more recent revelation, breast augmentation is obviously a great way to increase breast size. That’s really the number 1 candidacy requirement: the desire for larger breasts. Some of the other candidacy factors include:
- You aren’t currently pregnant or breastfeeding
- You are in good overall health
- You are ready to weigh the risks and benefits, and to make an informed decision about surgery
- You are ready to discuss any other breast surgery options with Dr. Chalekson
- You are old enough that your breasts are fully developed
- You have the time to commit to a brief surgical recovery
- You are prepared to follow pre-operative instructions, including quitting smoking (at least temporarily) and taking some time off from work
- You are making this decision for yourself and not to please another person or meet their expectations
- You have reasonable expectations for what the procedure can and cannot achieve
Breast augmentation is of course a significant decision, as is the decision to undergo any elective procedure. As such, it requires careful consideration, and Dr. Chalekson offers experienced guidance and comprehensive information. If you’ve been mulling over this procedure, we encourage you to take the next step and schedule a consultation with Dr. Chalekson. He’ll determine your candidacy and speak with you about all of your options.
You may not be an ideal candidate for breast augmentation if you want to address sagging breasts only. In these situations, a breast lift may be the better choice. There is a combined approach that involves lifting the breasts and placing breast implants, and the outcome is perkier breasts that are also larger. Dr. Chalekson is here to help you explore the procedural choices.
DISCUSS YOUR CANDIDACY WITH DR. CHALEKSON
If you live in or around Templeton, CA, and are searching for an experienced breast augmentation surgeon, we hope you will contact the practice of board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Charles Chalekson. Call us today.